Monday 20 November 2017

Saying something after six months.



               A pot of chili soup is simmering on the back burner of the stove/cooker.  The online radio station I am currently enjoying is http://www1.cbn.com/radio
               Exactly six months ago I wrote that my blogging Sabbatical was over.  Then silence—a post-less blog.  Ironic, isn’t it?  So, what was I doing during that six months?  I was making decent progress on my novel, doing research on-line.  In the midst of that work, I had a surprise diagnosis.
   
            In late June I went to the doctor, thinking I had a urinary tract infection.  Suddenly I find myself in the gynaecologist office, undergoing a biopsy.  The result showed that cancer cells had been forming in the endometrial lining of my womb.  The MRI showed that all the cells were totally contained in the womb, which meant that I would not need chemo-therapy or radiation therapy.  (Praise the Lord).  On Wednesday, 12th July, I had a total hysterectomy.  I recovered quickly from the anaesthetic, and was up walking around Thursday.  Because it was such an invasive operation, I was in hospital until Saturday.   John was very gracious, taking care of me and Maisy for six weeks.  Our nephew, “DJ”, came to the hospital to collect me and return me home.  It was a relief to be back in my own surroundings.  Maisy was ecstatic!
               The soreness from the surgery faded away pretty much by the end of the second week.  But I was still tired, and moving slowly.  Yes, I must admit to being glad of the “no bending, no lifting, no pushing, no pulling, no carrying of anything…” instructions for six weeks.  I did miss writing…at least for a few weeks. 
               In regards to the book, I’ve written a couple of chapters since September. 
Robert Long Hospital, Indianapolis
Life changed, because I took a three-week trip.  From 19th October to 10th November I was visiting Indiana and Florida.  The first two weeks in Indiana were filled with seeing special folk I had not seen since I got married in 2003.  But a major focus for me was doing research for the first two books of a four-book series.  I love libraries!  The Lord truly blessed my research. Robert Long Hospital was a trainging hospital for nurses during the 1910's through the 1960's.  One of my characters attends her nurse's training here. 
               Week three I was in Florida visiting my friend RJ for 3 ½ days in Orlando.  On Monday 6th November, I took the Greyhound bus to Sarasota, where my sister met me.  I spent 3 ½ days with Sissy, her five cats and one chihuahua.  Such a sweet time! 
               It’s taken me a week to recover from the trip.  I’m resettling, setting new writing goals reviewing where I was before I left. 
               There has been a lot more happening around here…like “DJ” being with us seven months.  He left for South Africa on 7th October.  John’s son, “Noddy,” staying with us when he has work near us.  Another grandchild—number 21—being born on Friday, 17th November.  A little boy, “Prince.” 
               One of the points that God made clear to me during my trip was my need for getting others committed to praying for me, and the writing.  So, those of you who do pray, please keep me covered.
My greatest prayer needs are:
·        Self-discipline to set and achieve my goals.
·        Strength to ignore the temptations of various distractions.
·        Physical energy and good health.
·        A good balance in my priorities as I meet my daily responsibilities.


G
M
T
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

No comments:

Post a Comment