Monday 25 April 2016

Wasn't Expecting That




         The council notified us and the other residents in our building that several blocks of flats were to receive the application of external wall insulation and other work.  

          As part of the preparation, a representative of the contractors came door knocking to advise me (and my neighbours) of health and safety measures and to carry out a pre-start survey.  Upon completing the survey, which I was required to sign, he left a four-page disclaimer that included instructions for requested precautions to take.   


          During the following week, the outside of our block of flats took on a
   new look—scaffolding.  So I’m sharing the view from my windows and out in the back quad.

       Today a plumber was up on the scaffolding installing copper pipes to the outside of the flats.  On Wednesday a workman will arrive about 8.00 am to connect the boiler to the outside piping.  It's a good thing I get up at 7.00 am to go to work on Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment