Tuesday 12 April 2016

Fancy a bit of shopping?



          Are you one of those early shoppers?  With our family we are always thinking of Christmas.  Basically I give each family a home-made gingerbread house.  It’s a good tradition.  But I do like to buy gifts when I know what someone would like.  

          One of the things I like to do is use my sewing skills to make gifts for my family.  Since I’ve finished the crocheting project, I am ready to get my sewing projects organised.  I need to see what materials I have, decide what kind of projects I want to do and then get cutting and sewing.  

          One of my desires is to raise money to buy or refurbish used sewing machines to be used by organisations that train people in developing countries to sew.  Sewing can provide a mother a means to earn a living for her family.  With that in mind, I’ve scanned this advert in the Embrace the Middle East catalogue.  I plan to buy the hand towel and a couple of the cups.  And I might buy the sewing suitcase for a couple of my granddaughters!  

          I wanted to share this with you as a way to support some of the projects that Embrace the Middle East provide.  In the UK, the website is www.embraceme.org/shop. They will deliver overseas, but to get that information you can contact:  For postage rates outside mainland UK, please contact us for a price - either by telephone (01227 811645) or by email to sales@embraceme.org

No comments:

Post a Comment