Tuesday 5 January 2016

Maybe for her first birthday?

             
   The last week of June 2015 I was on the phone with “Chantilly.”  The conversation went something like this:  “Nana, you know what Phe-Phe asked me?” 

                “No.” I replied, going along with the pretence.  After all, “Princess Phe-Phe” was only a day or so old.  I figured the Mama would know what the little one would want and interpret for me.

                “She told me,” Chantilly continued.  (I could hear the smile in her voice.) “that she would like for you to crochet her a pink blanket.” 

                “Really?  Well, since she asked so nicely, how can I say no?”

                Unfortunately, I’ve been slow in getting this project done.  Although I wanted to get started straight away, it was August before I made it to the Haberdashery shop to buy yarn.  It took me a while to find a pattern on-line.  So now that now that Phe-Phe is six months old, I figure it’s time to move this project up on the priority list.  

                 The square on the right is what the finished block looks like.  After they are all that size, I will sew them together into a blanket.  
 
                The link to the pattern is here:  http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Baby-Afghan-Crochet-Patterns/Baby-Blocks-Blanket-from-Bernat
                 
                 After I bake an applesauce cake, I’m going to park on the couch and keep my crochet hook busy.  At the rate I'm going, it might be for her first birthday! 

Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
“Lady Helene”

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece. I like the colors.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete