Thursday 30 April 2015

I belive it's called indulgence...

Maisy had "Maverick" right where she wants him!
I love to look up words in the dictionary; because I learn that sometimes a word's meaning is different than I expect.  So I looked up "Indulge", just to make sure I had the correct word for the way our puppy is treated.

Specifically, according to Merriam/Webster, "indulge" means: "the behavior or attitude of people who allow themselves to do what they want or who allow other people to do what they want
: the act of doing something that you enjoy but that is usually thought of as wrong or unhealthy
: something that is done or enjoyed as a special pleasure
  As you can see, Maisy has a strong influence on "Maverick."  I wouldn't allow Maisy to sit on MY lap whilest eating at the table.  But her whining and brown pleading eyes turned "Maverick's" heart to melted butter; hence she gets a seat of honour on his lap.

There are ground rules:
1. No sniffing the plate.
2. No licking the plate or table.
3. No paws resting on the side of the table.
 4. A bite (small one) will be given by "Papa M." if Maisy is a good girl and follows all the rules.

So, would you say that Maisy is spoiled?  (Please do not answer truthfully!)  I prefer to call her indulged.
Maisy hoping for a bite of chicken.

 

1 comment: