Monday 17 September 2012

Twenty-nine years ago today.

Misty Morning view from the balcony

As usual, my alarm went off at 7:00 am today.  As I walked to the kitchen, I caught the view out The Maverick's office window.  A mist was rising from the damp grass in the park across the street.  I hurried to get my camera, as I knew the haze would life quickly--even be gone in five minutes.
       When I first got up this morning, the date didn't immediately register with me.  As I sat reading e-mails and catching up on reding the blogs I follow, I suddenly realised that it was 30 (year thirty) years ago today I took my first plane ride.
     The date, 17th September 1983, will always remain with me.  It was my first flight.  It was my first time to leave, the USA.  It was my first trip to England.  It was the day I fulfilled one dream--travelling to England--and creating another--to one day live in Great Britian.  So, while I have a lot of things to write on my blog--I knew I had to immediately post this one.
       So, happy anniversary to me!
Lovely People--chase your dreams.

Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
"Lady Helene"

No comments:

Post a Comment